Friday, July 17, 2009

A Revolutionary New Bag

When putting together one of my Hooch Bags, I sort of let the thrift gods lead the way. This bag is a very special one, made for LeAnn Stephenson, The Vintage Laundress, as a hostess gift for putting together a tremendous Bastille Day party at Uptown Modern in Austin, Texas....and for being such a wonderful, new friend.

I didn't have my normal cache of funny money, candy cigarettes or discrete nips, but I didn't let that stop me as I perused the Allemany Flea market in Los Angeles. First, the blue suede bag appeared, then the fan fron Air France, and he vintage Parisian postcards and finally the French books. The hilarious vintage nylons showed up in a Goodwill in Austin, and my friend Deb Kelt donated the French dictionary and the red and blue ribbon.

Et VoilĂ ! A bag fit to cause a revolution!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. They are perfect for your face painting kit, or as an every day bag to promote that you are a Professional Face Painter. click for more info

    ReplyDelete